In the three and a half weeks I have taken this supplement, I have seen a number of improvements. Apart from the fact that I’m able to face people without anxiety, my moods have also improved tremendously. My moods would fluctuate very quickly and often throughout the day but now I’m able to stay happy, or rather, calm all day. Premenstrual Syndrome was also a big issue. Since I started taking GABA, the symptoms of PMS have drastically gone down and I no longer dread that time of the month. Generally, I’m less stressed, more relaxed and finally living my life to the fullest.
GABA supplements should be taken in low doses. It is important not to take more than 750mg a day. Though the side effects disappeared in a few days, episodes of dizziness were common the first few days. Once the effect kicks in, feelings of euphoria are apparently common, but not for me though, and this can lead to unpredictable behavior if not controlled.
Instead of using alcohol and drugs to relax and alleviate anxiety, I made the choice to live safe and try GABA. They are easy to find, affordable and good for my mental health. I can confidently recommend these supplements to anyone looking for something healthy to calm them down. The effects may not show immediately, but it does work in time.
Where To Buy Gaba?
I buy my GABA supplements from an online store called AbsorbYourHealth. I’ve used them for a long time and their products are always of the highest quality, and their prices are quite good as well. They sell all the most popular nootropics so you are almost always sure to find what you’re looking for there. They also offer free shipping on all orders above $75.
What Is GABA?
GABA, also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, is the main inhibitory transmitter in the brain and central nervous system. This means it blocks impulses from moving from one nerve cell to the other. Having low levels of GABA may cause mood swings, anxiety, epilepsy and chronic pain. Because of this reason, GABA is taken as a supplement by people who don’t have enough of it naturally. GABA supplements come from a plant. It’s an important amino acid found in the apoplast of tomatoes for cell signaling. However, GABA is not able to pass through the so called blood-brain barrier, meaning the brain can’t actually take it up. Nonetheless, there are several studies showing promising results when it comes to reducing anxiety and other depression-like symptoms with GABA.
Even though well studied, further research is required to completely confirm the benefits of GABA supplements.
- Reduces anxiety and panic
- Helps improve sleep due to the relaxing effect it brings about.
- Doctors use GABA to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- It helps alleviate premenstrual syndrome
- It helps to burn fat more quickly
- It’s used to treat chronic pain and relieve pain caused by injuries
- Helps people increase their tolerance to exercise
- Helps to lower blood pressure due to the fact that it reduces stress and anxiety levels.
- Increases the growth of lean muscle mass and regulates muscle tone.
For GABA supplements to work as mood stabilizers and antidepressants, one should take between 900 and 1200 mg every day. One might need to take it three to four times a day because the effects wear off in about six hours. In extreme cases, people take up to 4800mg a day to feel a difference. Substantial results in depressed persons start to show in a week or more. But be sure to check with the company from which you buy GABA and your doctor or health care professional before buying and deciding the dosage of GABA.
One capsule from AbsorbYourHealth contains 500mg of GABA
GABA Side effects
There is little research on the side effects of GABA supplements. However people who have used it report:
- Feeling dizzy.
- Double vision and loss of balance while walking.
- Tremors for those who take too much of the product at once.
- Feeling sleepy and tired.
- Abnormal excitement.
- Unpredictable behavior.
- Weight gain.
- Runny nose, dry mouth and sore throat.
- Muscle aches.
However, these side effects may go away after having used the supplement for a while, but always be careful when feeling side effects of any supplements!
- Though they are supplements, GABA should not be taken with antacids and oral contraceptives. This is because it will increase the concentration of both in the body.
- GABA should not be taken with alcohol because it will make the possible side effects much worse.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid GABA because tests done on animals showed its harmful to the fetuses.
GABA supplements are legal in America and can be taken by anyone above 12 years of age. Their level of effectiveness on mood swings and anxiety is very good. However, the pills should not be taken all at once. It’s important to take the daily dose in 4 phases. Though there are side effects, GABA is still the best drug to treat and improve moods and anxiety disorders. One should consult a doctor before turning to this supplement so they can advise for or against it. It’s also important to inform friends and family so they are aware of the side effects and can help when they set in.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.8 stars
4.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating